In the Jan. 31 - Feb. 28, 2018 Issue
Excitement in the wine world comes in many forms, including the pleasure of drinking well at affordable prices. Here, our editors profile 60 wineries that send high-scoring wines at reasonable prices into the market year in and year out.
Smart Buys - Quality, value and consistency define this collection of 200 wines from 60 producers across the wine world, handpicked by our editors for reliability and bang for the buck
Port's Bold Return - Offering a raft of fresh, flavorful Vintage and single-quinta bottlings, 2015 is this big red's best year since the classic 2011
WineSpectator.com: BONUS VIDEO: James Molesworth pairs chocolate and Port at Eleven Madison Park
New York Wine Experience - Wine Spectator's 37th annual wine celebration and charity event drew wine lovers, winemakers and luminaries from around the world
Ultimate Guide to Value - A complete list of the 1,317 wines that earned 90 or more points in our 2017 blind tastings and cost $30 or less
WineSpectator.com: Keep up with breaking news as well as the people, places and happenings that wine lovers are talking about.
Guide to Grinders - Top tools to prepare your morning beans range from dead-simple to high-tech
Cellars / Collections
WineSpectator.com: Want more from Dr. Vinny? Our advice expert provides saucy answers to all sorts of questionsfrom tough topics about the technical aspects of winemaking to the finer points of wine etiquette, three days a week on WineSpectator.com. Submit your questions at www.winespectator.com/drvinny or on Twitter via @AskDrVinny.
This Issue/Marvin R. Shanken
James Laube - A partnership for the ages
WineSpectator.com: In his blogs, James Laube shares updates from his recent tastings and visits with winemakers, and discusses hot-button issues in the wine industry. Join the conversation with other members.
WineSpectator.com: For more of Matt Kramer's provocative essays and lively online discussions. (Only members may post comments but all visitors may read them.)
The Buying Guide
The Buying Guide for this issue is available here.
TOP STORIES OF 2017 The most popular articles, blogs, Q&As, tasting highlights, videos and Unfiltered items of 2017. Find out what you missed or revisit your favorites in our News & Features section.
WINE PICKS Keep on top of exciting editors' picks throughout the year with our free email newsletters. Sips & Tips features a great value Wine of the Week. The twice-monthly Collecting letter highlights collectibles and highly recommended cellar-worthy wines. Our Private Guide to Dining spotlights great bottles to choose from restaurant wine lists.
VALENTINE'S DAY The way to anyone's heart is a night of great food and wine, and we've got just what you need: Try a recipe from one of the country's top chefs, start and end the date with outstanding sparkling and sweet wines, and get our tips on chocolate candies and other desserts. Or, check out one of nearly 3,600 restaurants that hold a Restaurant Award for their wine list.
WINE SPECTATOR VIDEO Watch all our great wine tips, winemaker interviews and tastings on your desktop, laptop, tablet or phone. Tune in each week for a new mobile-friendly video.
- NY Wine Experience: Stephen Henschke: Watch the Australian winemaker's presentation at the 2017 Wine Experience, where he poured his Shiraz Hill of Grace 2012.
- Value in the Eye of the Winemaker: What's the difference between a $20 bottle and a $90 bottle? Senior editor Kim Marcus discusses this issue with Argentina's Sebastián Zuccardi.
- Guide to Tasting Chocolate: What are you looking for when you're tasting fine chocolate? Features editor Owen Dugan compares notes with Illy coffee's Riccardo Illy.
- California Wine-Country Fire Aftermath: Senior editor MaryAnn Worobiec visits Carole Meredith in Napa for a glimpse of the damage and insights on the road to recovery.
RATINGS ALERTS Start 2018 off right by getting early updates on the smartest buys and hottest collectibles from our editors' latest tastings— delivered right to your inbox!
- INSIDER Weekly reviews of highly rated wines before they sell out.
- ADVANCE Peeks at picks from upcoming issues of Wine Spectator.
- RATINGS FLASH Sign up and we'll let you know when we've added new reviews to our Wine Ratings search from your selected regions.
VALUE WINES Do your New Year's resolutions include sticking to a wine budget? Check our site regularly for updated quick lists of Top Values, Easy Finds and Wineries for Values. And don't forget to download our free Xvalues app for iOS!